POV Evaluation

 In the beginning I found this project quite difficult to start off and to think of an actual initial idea – I think this is because the brief was so open and I had the option to do whatever I wanted and this made me indecisive. My first project idea was about the human body/figure as i’m not very good with anatomy and drawing people realistically, so I thought this project could be a good opportunity to practice that. My three initial viewpoint ideas were going to be 1. The naked body (outside of the body), 2. The insides of the body/organs etc., and 3. The skeleton. However I had my first group tutorial with marian and we ended up changing up my project idea to be about representing different types of people instead – eg. Homeless, drunk, children. I went with this idea for a while before eventually deciding to just focus in on homelessness and all the different ways of representing homeless people and also how ‘regular’ people view homeless people.


Overall i’m quite happy with the outcomes I created from this project – I really went outside of my comfort zone during this project and was completely expecting to dislike everything I made, so I was pleased with how everything came out.  However there definitely are a few things I wish I had done different, and will use these mistakes to learn from and improve in my next projects. One of these is how slowly I started the project, I think I was very overwhelmed at the beginning and I definitely should have asked for help rather than struggling on my own, as this ended up hindering me in the long run. If I had decided on my final idea quicker I could have gotten a lot more work done. On a similar note, I wish I had done more work overall, I usually consider myself to be quite prolific in terms of sketchbook work and doing drawings, however in this project I was definitely slacking a bit. I also should have experimented with different mediums more – it would have made my final outcomes a lot more interesting if I had used more than one medium, as all my outcomes were done in digital. The last thing I wish I had done is more artist research, similar to my last point, this could have helped me to expand my mediums and try out different techniques that different artists use. This would have definitely been useful in my project. Overall, given the circumstances and how stressful adjusting to university especially during a time like this is, i’m quite proud of the work that I did actually manage to produce, despite there being things I would have done differently next time. This will just give me more motivation to do better in the upcoming projects.


Comments

Popular Posts